Schuss Mountain opened in 1967 with a European village theme. They had border guards and issued their own “currency,” and referred to themselves as “the Kingdom of Schuss.” In 1985, Clubcorp purchased Shanty Creek and nearby Schuss Mountain and combined operations under the Shanty Creek name. They operate both ski hills (about 3 miles apart) but refer to the former Shanty Creek slopes as Summit Mountain.
Skilifts.org lists 2 new Riblet double chairlifts at Schuss Mountain, a new area in 1967. Each had a 310′ rise. In 1968. they followed up with a Riblet triple chair with a 291′ rise. In 1975, they added an 1100′ Rice t-bar with a 237′ rise.